Racking System Repairment– The Complete FAQ Guide
Because of the huge importance of the whole racking system, the safety of the racking system must be paid attention to at all times.
An unsafe racking system will affect the storage of products to make them fall down and then lead to a huge loss for you. It can also cause injuries to workers.
What’s more, this series of accidents will leave a bad impression on your customers and negatively affect your brand.
So it is necessary to have regular inspection and maintenance. It can avoid a lot of racking system accidents.
Inspection plan for maintenance of industrial racking systems
You can set up a systematic schedule for regular inspections. Arrange for specific staff to check the records periodically.
- Daily inspection:
Who: Ordinary factory worker.
Objective: Scan the various parts and details of the racking system to see if there is obvious damage.
- Weekly inspection:
Who: warehouse supervisor.
Objective: Check all parts of the racking system carefully. And emphatically check whether the lower racking system is out of shape and damaged.
- Monthly inspection:
Who: warehouse supervisor.
Objective: Check every racking system layer and every component carefully. And clean the racking system properly.
- Annual inspection by the expert:
Who: experienced warehouse expert.
Objective: Carry out a detailed inspection of the racking system and provide a professional modification plan for damaged areas.
Replacement of damaged components
If the racking system has been badly damaged, you must replace the damaged parts.
But why do we choose to replace the damaged parts, instead of repairing them?
Here are the reasons:
- If you want to repair the racking system, you would better ask the manufacturer for professional suggestions. Or you may cause secondary damage to the racking.
- When maintaining the racking system, it is forbidden to use heating or cold forming. These methods will change the mechanical characteristics of the racking system.
- If the parts are badly damaged, they can only be replaced, instead of repaired.
- The new component must be the same as the replaced one.
When repairing the racking system, you must ensure safety.
- Unload the industrial racking system before replacing or repairing the damaged parts
- For some repair work in high altitudes, ensure that the facilities and platforms are safe enough.
- Lighting equipment should be available to provide adequate light in dark areas. Obstacles should be removed from corridors and other places to avoid stumbling.
Replacing a beam on an industrial racking system:
- Unload the whole bay.
- Remove the safety pins from the replaced beam.
- Install the new beam and insert the safety pins.
Only one beam can be replaced at a time. For the beam of the whole racking system, they just can be replaced one by one.
Replacing a racking system upright or frame protector:
- Unload the bays close to the protector.
- Remove the damaged protector.
- Check the anchor bolts for damage and the floor for cracks. If there are damages, you can connect with the manufacturer.
- Install the protector.
Replacing a diagonal profile in the racking system:
- Unload the bays on both sides of the frame.
- Unscrew the screw and remove the diagonal that needs to be replaced.
- Check the column for deformation and damage.
Replacing a racking system upright or frame:
If you need to replace the upright or frame, you should consult your manufacturer for detailed information.